YMCA Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Pilates (Practitioner)
Proprius Training became an approved centre for delivering the Level 3 YMCA Diploma in Teaching Pilates (Practitioner) course back in 2018. Kim Snelling who has had over 25 years experience in the Pilates/Fitness environment pioneered a modern clinical approach to delivering prescriptive exercise and subsequently wanted to impart that knowledge to others.
Kim founded Shape-Up Pilates in 1993, which has since been rebranded as Proprius Pilates. After many successful years of delivering Pilates classes from the studios and clinic set in rural Norfolk, Proprius Training has emerged to deliver a high standard of teaching in becoming a Pilates instructor.
Learners will cover:
- Anatomy and Physiology required when exercise programming and designing for a range of clients.
- Importance of professionalism, customer service, effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of commonly occurring medically controlled diseases and health conditions.
- Understanding the principles and fundamentals of Pilates.
- How to plan and programme a Pilates session for groups and individuals.
- How to deliver a Pilates session.
The YMCA Awards
- Learner Assessment Record
- Assessment Workbook
- Multiple Choice Theory paper (external)
- Practical examination
- Portfolio of evidence
Next Planned Course Dates: 13/05/2023- 29/10/2023
Full payment: £1950.00
Instalments: 2x £1000.00 (First amount payable before the course start date and second instalment due half way through the course)